Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday night, time to get caught up!

Gosh, I have been so busy I haven't had time to update! So...here it is!

I really like designing and making cards, so I've been joining a lot of swaps on our Stampin'Up! forum.



I did this card for a 10 + 1 swap:

It was so much fun to make, but very labor intensive! I had to cut most of the apron out by hand. And then since I loved the rick rack - reminded me of my grandma's aprons! - I sewed all that on too!

I love this card though cuz you can use it for so many events!

Especially thank you when somebody gives me something very yummy!




This card I did for a 25 + 1 swap. Wow, that's a lot of cards to make!

I made my own designer paper for the backgound piece (the very vanilla with the really rust flower stamped on it) and that was tons of fun! I have never done that before. I think it turned out pretty cool, huh?

My niece, who is a twin, is having twins, so we went to a baby shower for her. I saw this card on Stampers' Showcase and knew that I had to make it for somebody. Well, she was the lucky one! I altered the card from the one I originally saw by changing a few of the colors, adding the wire for the hangers, and then of course making two onesies because of twins, one boy and one girl!
For part of her gift, I made these thank you cards for her. I did five in the pink and five in the blue.

I love this flower with the Build A Brad in the middle! For the flowers on the bottom, I dry embossed and then lightly sanded the raised portion. I think it turned out pretty cool looking! The picture doesn't do it justice. Of course I had
to use a pink paper out of the Berry Bliss DSP so that I could get the white to show through. If I had used a regular piece of Pretty In Pink cardstock, it wouldn't have had the same effect since the cardstock is colored all the way through.



This card was a little tricky to get a good picture of since it's a pull-out card.

It was super easy to make.

I used a B out of SU's chipboard and covered it with DSP.

For the heart in the center of the star, I used a chipboard star from SU and covered it with Real Red and then embossed it with Glassy Glaze a couple of times to get it all shiney and thick.



Hope you enjoyed my cards tonight.
Thanks for looking!
Don't forget to enter our contest for the retired accessory list!

No comments: